Re: Can someone learn to be detail-oriented?

Subject: Re: Can someone learn to be detail-oriented?
From: jane <judydh -at- TOTAL -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:41:13 -0400

Bravo for your advice, Tim. You've saved me a long-winded and somewhat
reactionary response. I've been in the position of the newbie and in the
position of the person on her way out. Both situations felt like
"self-fulfilling prophesies", and they sucked. My different talents weren't
seen as any advantage. I've also noticed that "detail-oriented" is extremely
subjective. One place I worked at were impressed that I caught things that
would've slipped through (or been caught by the VP, no doubt). Other places
gave me really tedious work, or not enough work, which means I either plow
through and miss stuff, or I stall on it because I can't "see" it anymore.
Well, you can't focus on everything.

So let the new writer work on what she takes an interest in, and give her
editing breaks so that she can step back and breathe, or see the big
picture.

Jane Sorensen

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=