pagemaker and indexing

Subject: pagemaker and indexing
From: Jennifer O Neill <jennifer -dot- oneill -at- VILLAGE -dot- UUNET -dot- BE>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 23:28:51 +0200

hi there,

I've inherited a 100 page manual that needs to be relayed out and edited. It's currently in Word. My company does nearly all of its manuals in Word (most are less than 50 pages). But as we are redoing the user manual in Pagemaker, I'm wondering if we should also do this manual in PM. I'm not very experienced in PM (yet) and am wondering what its like for indexing. Indexing in Word is so easy. I also have tables that run for a page or two. What's PM like with long tables? Thanks.

Cheers,

jennifer