Re: Word User

Subject: Re: Word User
From: Dick Margulis <ampersandvirgule -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 20:45:36 -0400

"c. brown" wrote:

> weird occurance...please help? when inserting visio graphics not by
> reference, the pictures disappear when the document is sent elsewhere
> and saved to the Hd.... ANY IDEAS?

Yes. I opened a doc yesterday at home that someone sent me from work.
Had screen shots in it. Edited it, sent it back to my work account.
Opened it there. No pix. Hmmm...

No Word guru I, I asked a coworker. He said check File | Print Preview.
Sure enough, there were the graphics. But how to edit them? Click the
magnifying glass button Off in the tool bar, then edit to your heart's
content while still in Print Preview mode.

No explanation for the behavior, but the workaround was effective. Any
Word gurus want to explain? This was in Office 97 SR-2 with the options
set to display all graphics.

Dick

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=