Re: What am I worth?

Subject: Re: What am I worth?
From: Elizabeth Whitaker <elwhitaker -at- FTC-I -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:54:23 -0400

At 08:27 AM 8/12/99 -0600, slm5v wrote:
[snip]
>So, I'm doing my research. Come December, I will have a degree (Bachelor of
>Science) in Technical/Professional Writing; I will have the experience of
>already working for this company, proving my work ethic and abilities. Now,
>when I begin negotiations, what does that translate into? Is there a
standard
>formula? Are there any program managers or others in the position of hiring
>people who could let me know?

Having had a lot of experience being in the job market, I suggest finding
out
how your geographic area compares to the rest of the country in terms of
both
cost of living and salaries. I also suggest that you make a trip to the
Human
Resources office ("Personnel") and ask about the usual starting salaries for
the job: there may or may not be a range. They may refuse
to help you, but you can always *ask*.

Elizabeth Whitaker

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=