Are TW Managers Doomed?

Subject: Are TW Managers Doomed?
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:13:00 -0700

Interesting Andrea, I have seen this happen in electronics engineering. A
good engineer gets promoted to manager and relinquishes their design
responsibilities to concentrate on management.

A year later, the engineers under his management loose respect for their
manager's technical knowledge, passing that manager off as not being
current.

Does this mean that a good technical writer who starts to manage forgets how
to do technical writing?

Are managers doomed to never be taken seriously again as technical writers?

Andrea, you bring up an interesting topic.

-Barry Kieffer

Andrea makes a thought provoking comment:
> I don't think you can be a good
> writer AND a good manager, especially in a hectic environment. The
> captain
> of a ship can't navigate and row at the same time!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=