Re: help with a strong word

Subject: Re: help with a strong word
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:25:10 -0700

Barry says: make the warring strong, but don't go overboard with profanity.

When you have Administrator rights to an Oracle database, it is with
trembling fingers that you type in the command: DROP TABLE.

Make the user know that what they do is final: "make a mistake and look for
another job in another field, like food service".

Good luck Kevin.

Regards,

Barry Kieffer
Not dropping or rolling back these days, just writing about it.

Kevin wrote:
> We have to document a dangerous software procedure, and want to come up
> with
> a title that will sufficiently frighten the user. Basically, this is a
> software application, and only the system administrator can perform this
> function, and he/she must do it VERY CAREFULLY.
>
> Something like "F---ing with the server" comes to mind, but is a little
> too
> strong and potentially offensive. Any suggestions?
>
> Yes, we must document this, and yes, there will be warnings all over it,
> but
> we need a title that clearly says "don't do this" without actually saying
> "don't do this."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=