Re: Editing PDFs

Subject: Re: Editing PDFs
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:17:47 -0500

At 11:40 AM 8/10/99 -0700, David Knopf wrote:
>Melissa Morgan wrote:
>
>| Supposedly you can cut, copy, and
>| paste freely, but I've yet to figure out
>| how to do this for more than one line
>| at a time.
>
>Why wouldn't you edit the source files from which the PDF was generated,
>and
>then re-create the PDF? After all, any changes you make to the PDF must
>still be reflected in the source files, no?

Okay, this brings me to a related question. Is there any tool that allows
you to do something that mimics hand-editing on an electronic file?

Word's Track Changes feature is pretty good, but there are people I know
who are much more comfortable with the standard editing marks. And Track
Changes isn't always useful -- for example, if I want to move something to
another location, Track Changes shows it deleted in one spot and added in
another, but doesn't show the inherent connection between the two bits of
text.

I'm envisioning something like a front-end for Word. Ideally, you should
be able to go through the revision marks and accept or reject them and have
it affect the file itself, but I would settle for something that I could
mark up the file and then print it out.

--
"UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are."
Beth Friedman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=