Qualifications for tech writing

Subject: Qualifications for tech writing
From: Herman Holtz <h -dot- holtz -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:03:06 -0400

I see a number of questions, comments, and discussions of what kind
of
career/experience backgrounds are most common breeding grounds for technical
writers of today. I say "of today" because it seems to me that the nature
of
tech writing has changed a great deal since my years in it during the cold
war,
and so it would be surprising if the backgrounds of typical techwriters were
not also somwhat different today. For example, in those days, an
understanding
of electronics at the circuit level, with the ability to work from schematic
drawings, was a common denominator. That seems to be irrelevant today. -
Herm

Herman Holtz, Freelance Writer-Consultant - Latest book: The Concise Guide
Becoming an Independent Consultant (John Wiley & Sons, 1999)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=