Re: Translatable flowcharts?

Subject: Re: Translatable flowcharts?
From: Tom Johnson <johnsont -at- STARCUTTER -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 08:12:41 -0400

Melanie asked how to get flowcharts translated.

Visio does have a way to create some types of charts based on a text file
(It is sort of like writing code). I've done it a couple times with
organizational charts, but I'm not familiar enough with it to say it would
work with a flow chart. I'm not sure how you would annotate all the
connections. It might be worth a call to Visio, they would probably have a
fax-on-demand document that would at least tell you which types of charts
are "importable."

On the other hand, you can probably find a translator that would be willing
to work in Visio. The translation company I usually work with offered to
change callouts that we use in our graphics (Visio and AutoCad), but in my
case I decided it would be easier to have them send us a Word table with
English and "translated" columns. Then I spent some time using
copy>alt-tab>paste.

Lastly, there is a program called AllClear that is designed specifically for
creating charts. It will diagram just about anything you need and their
program started out as a "text-based" system. The last I new, they retained
the option of using text and/or graphics to lay out charts. The nice part
about that system was that you could draw one relationship and then view the
text (code) equivalent. It made it easy to see how to create a similar
relationship using text.

Tom Johnson
Elk Rapids, Michigan (Where an Elk hasn't been seen in this century)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=