Re: FW: Flame On!

Subject: Re: FW: Flame On!
From: Sandy Dixon <sdixon -at- BBN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 14:38:12 -0400

>Sorry if this causes flames but I have tried to use the quick reference
>guide and website to let the listserv know I don't want mail for a couple
of
>weeks. It just comes back with unknown command. Can we still shutoff mail
>delivery temporarily, or do we have to unsubscribe?

I just returned to the list (today) after being temporarily off (not
unsubscribed) while on vacation. I sent email to:

LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU

with the body of the message:

Set techwr-l nomail

It successfully stopped mail from this list until I turned it back on upon
my return. To turn mail delivery back on, send email to the same address
with the body of the message:

Set techwr-l mail

Hope this helps.
-Sandy