telecommuting info request

Subject: telecommuting info request
From: Cathe Bedard <cbbedard -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 08:43:21 -0700

I've checked the archives and found nothing useful, so I'm asking for
help. Last year Shirley Chester did a brief survey about telecommuting.
She told me that 3 or 4 people replied with details about their
company's paying for the change from on-site to telecommuting when the
people were unable to continue full-time on-site work. In a couple of
cases the change involved telecommuting from a different state with no
on-site visits at all. Unfortunately, Shirley threw her responses away
and there is no way for me to access them now. The archived comments
from her don't include any contact information on her respondents.

Now I am moving 150 miles from my present location and my company is
interested in having me telecommute 2 or 3 days a week with 2 or 3 days
in the office. I have asked the company to pay for a computer,
appropriate software, a printer, phone connections, and network access
for me. I'm willing to use my own fax machine. I'm also asking the
company to pick up the transportation and lodging costs when I am on
site, just as they cover other business travel.

I would appreciate information from list members who have telecommuting
experience. Is what I've requested reasonable and consistent with your
experience? Do you have any documentation to help the company feel more
comfortable about this arrangement? This will be their first foray into
telecommuting.

Please respond off list to cbbedard @yahoo.com. If there is any
interest in this topic I will summarize the responses for the list in a
week or so.

Thanks,
Cathe

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=