Re: Getting a job as a technical writer (was just job)

Subject: Re: Getting a job as a technical writer (was just job)
From: Jillian Mcavoy <JMcavoy -at- ADGIFTS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 09:23:02 +0100

Brian Martin wrote:
<snip>
JOIN STC now. VOLUNTEER for a committee or something. GET to know
people in the industry. LEARN what they are doing. LISTEN to what they
say. THIS is the&nbsp; most successful technique I know and in conjunction
with all the the suggestions has always worked for me. People who know
and LIKE you are more likely to give you a chance.<snip>

Is the STC as important in the UK? Is the STC as influential over here?

Jillian Flanagan-McAvoy
Technical Writer
Broadway Incentives
Trafford Wharf Road, Manchester