Re: "No way I'm PAYING for this service!" -- Be realistic

Subject: Re: "No way I'm PAYING for this service!" -- Be realistic
From: David Downing <DavidDowning -at- USERS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 12:45:58 -0400

I would add that this is hardly the first time a free service has turned
into a fee service. A famous example is Directory Assistance, which was
totally free until 1978. On a smaller scale, a local newspaper in Raleigh
NC was running personal ads for free, and then had to start charging for
them. It just gets to the point where it's no longer feasible to give the
service away.