Name for navigation?

Subject: Name for navigation?
From: Geoff Hart <Geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 09:00:35 -0400

Jen Vetterli pondered appropriate names for describing
<<...this sort of navigational cue:
_Home_ >> _Link 1_ >> _Link 2_ >> You are here
and I'm unsure of how to refer to this -- calling it a "path"
doesn't seem quite right.>>

My first thought is that "path" is correct both from the user
standpoint ("the path I followed to get me here") and the
semantic standpoint (i.e., the links you presented represent
the 'logical' and perhaps even the physical path to "you are
here"). Upon reflection, I can't think of any word that would
work better (but this is pre-caffeine!). Sometimes the simplest
solution really is the answer!

--Geoff Hart @8^{)} Pointe-Claire, Quebec
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"The text's out of joint, oh cursed spite/that ever I was born to set it
right."--Prince Hamlet, early Danish editor

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=