alternative to numbering?

Subject: alternative to numbering?
From: Joanne Grey <j_grey -at- WRITEANGLES -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 07:27:28 -0700

Hi, everyone! Once again I find myself in search of information that
I'm sure at least some of you have run into.

We are producing two rather large docs (about 700 pages each) that will
be translated into multiple languages. because of this, management wants
to move to a numbered heading system - like the military, where the
Heading 1 is "Section 1", heading 2s are "Section 1.1" heading threes
are "Section 1.1.1" and so on.

The doc manager would like to avoid this for aesthetic reasons. Has
anyone used an effective alternative.

Thanks in advance,
-joanne

Joanne Grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Write Angles www.writeangles.com

In any great organization it is far, far safer to be wrong
with the majority than to be right alone.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=