Re: ADMIN: More on upcoming list changes--READ ME

Subject: Re: ADMIN: More on upcoming list changes--READ ME
From: Nora Merhar <nmerhar -at- CHARLESINDUSTRIES -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 13:44:41 -0500

I think the original proposal was for $5-$10 per YEAR, not per month. I
am not sure where the monthly thing started.

Instead of regarding at this as paying for a service, maybe we should
regard it as a community coming together to support a resource--or like
a team paying
in $5 each to enter a tournament.

Maybe we should look at other lists we belong to or are aware of and try
to find out how those lists are supported? I know that the Dog Agility
list that I
belong to has a group of list administrators who take care of
malfunctions and keep people on track--and while that list is probably
not as large as

I see nothing wrong with Eric and Deborah soliciting advertising for
their web page, AND/OR they can ask for volunteers to help maintain it.
The Dogpatch (one of the largest canine sites on the web) does both.

Just some thoughts,

Nora
Senior Technical Writer, Charles Industries, Ltd.
nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com

Marilynne Smith wrote:

> I keep thinking about the effort required to receive, post, etc. 4,000 $10
> checks each month. That's a big job in itself.
>
> Marilynne

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=