Re: Paying for the listserv

Subject: Re: Paying for the listserv
From: Jeff Hanvey <jewahe -at- TELEBOT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 08:35:56 -0500

When did I say that the list was "hobby-oriented?" A student joining the
list as part of a class project is definitely not a "hobby."

And there's one difference between buying a text book and joining the list:
the list is not a requirement.

My point is that techwr-l is great for educational experiences. It helps to
train new members in our fields and to point them towards resources and
knowledge that aren't in the books. It also introduces them to the wide
variety of philosophies and arguments "out there."

With that said, I think that the idea of STC involvement is another pratical
way to go.

Jeff Hanvey
Memphis, TN

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=