[no subject]

From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 09:13:34 -0400

Hallo:

We really need more info.

What version of FrameMaker? What OS? What are you doing to try and generate
the book? Have you been able to generate books before, is this a new-onset
problem?

In general, if you have been able to generate books before, and one book is
broken, I recommend the following:

1. Delete the current book file.
2. Delete any generated files, such as TOC or index.
3. Save all existing chapters (*.fm) as mifs.
4. Open each mif and save it back as a chapter (*.fm).
5. Re-create the book file.
6. Re-create any generated files.

In general, if you have never been able to create a book before:

1. Close all chapters (*.fm) except one.
2. Select File|Generate book.
3. Choose the New Multifile Book Including (chaptername) option button.
4. FrameMaker creates the book, which includes only the chapter you had
open.
5. With the book window selected, choose File|Add File.
6. Choose the Document File option button.
7. Navigate to the next chapter you want to add and select it.
8. Etc.

Hope this helps.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com