Re: Homesite v 1.2

Subject: Re: Homesite v 1.2
From: Wayne Douglass <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 11:24:14 -0700

At 01:04 PM 8/3/99 -0400, Jessica N. Lange wrote:

Robert Crooks of Bentley U has an online site with some great info on
various web tools, including HomeSite (also CSS and DHTML).
Although the site hasn't been updated for a while, much of the info
is still valid:

http://web.bentley.edu/empl/c/rcrooks/toolbox/

The Crooks site mentions HomeSite 1.2 as a freeware version,
very basic, good for beginners, but I think it is wrong: I think
it was always shareware. The current commercial version is 4.0.

Since I have a copy, I can state that V1.2 is indeed freeware (it says so
in Help | About), but it hasn't been available from Nick Bradbury since
Allaire acquired the product. It is an excellent basic editor that writes
clean HTML code refreshingly free of the noise so frequently spewed from
the higher end home page generators. The Allaire version is probably fine,
too, but V1.2 perfectly suits my needs.

--Wayne (just say "no" to bloatware)
Wayne Douglass phone: 408-542-2139
Verity, Inc. FAX: 408-542-2040
894 Ross Road mailto:wayned -at- verity -dot- com
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 http://www.verity.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=