Re: Homesite v 1.2

Subject: Re: Homesite v 1.2
From: "Campbell, Art" <artc -at- NORTHCHURCH -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 11:11:04 -0400

Homesite's one of the better HTML editors, but it doesn't have site
management tools...
Also, it's not freeware -- it costs about $100 or so. You have a demo.

Allaire (www.allaire.com) has one of the best sets of online training
materials you'll find...
they also offer classes and there are a number of 3rd party books out. All
of which will only
work if the person wants to learn the tool herself; if they want you to do
the work.... ;-)

And there is no "help" not because the person didn't install it -- it's HTML
and a fair portion
of it is remote... so you need a live Internet connection, browsers and so
on to hit it all.

***

If I were you, not knowing anything about the needs, I'd have them get MS
FrontPage
because it uses the MS Office layout and tools, so they're more likely to be
familiar
with it, and they can integrate Word, Excel or whatever other tools they're
already
using pretty seamlessly.

Art

Art Campbell