Re: Screen Capture program for Windows 3.1?

Subject: Re: Screen Capture program for Windows 3.1?
From: David Demyan <dbdemyan -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 22:50:47 -0400

Suzy Davis wrote:

> Also, Dan suggested that I use the Alt-Print-Screen - unfortunately that's
> what we might have to use - our current screen cuts were captured that way
> and they don't retain their quality when being resized.

Suzy, the capture program has nothing to do with the quality of thebitmap
after
resizing. The resize method does. If you just need to
do a few captures, Alt PrntScrn will certainly do as good a job at
capturing the screen on Windows 3.1 as a capture program.
Capture programs just make the job easier when you have
to do a lot of them.

SnagIt/32 has a nice "smooth scaling" method of resizing captures.
However, you have to use the 32-bit version to do this, so you
would have to capture the screens on Windows 3.1, move them
to Windows 95/98/NT and resize them. Other possibilities:
WexText's Smooth Scaling and Adobe PhotoShop.

Good luck with it.

Dave.
--
David B. Demyan dbd -at- mendem -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=