online help for java applet?

Subject: online help for java applet?
From: "Kaplan, Elise" <ekaplan -at- COMMERCIALWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 09:47:26 -0400

We are developing a graphical front-end to our software product. The GUI
front-end is a java applet that runs in a browser window. Here in the doc
group, we have been working on producing HTMLhelp to support the GUI.
Today, however, we learned that the java applet can't link to an individual
file within the .chm, only the default location in the .chm itself. We
really need some context-sensitivity than this--our application includes
3300 screens.

The tech who has been working on the issue suggested javahelp, but I don't
think this delivery will be acceptable because javahelp currently does not
support printing. Our users definitely need the ability to print selected
information as a reference.

I've been thinking of investigating webhelp, as I've heard good things about
it. Anybody have any other suggestions? We will be using Frame, and will
also be using Frame's conditional text to produce a PDF online reference for
our customers who are using the greenscreen front-end. Our documentation
set is about 10,000 pages.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can offer

Elise Kaplan
CommercialWare
Ekaplan -at- asaint -dot- com <mailto:Ekaplan -at- asaint -dot- com>
http://www.commercialware.com <http://www.commercialware.com>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=