Sr. TW -- apologies and explanations

Subject: Sr. TW -- apologies and explanations
From: Chris Hamilton <caxdj -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:15:41 -0400

Bill and everyone else--

My tone, I think, gave the indication that I was slamming Bill, ANON, or
both. That wasn't my intent and I apologize if my post gave that
impression.

I also thought more about the tone with regard to ANON, and perhaps it
was a little too blunt. What I should have said, perhaps, is something
like this:

I don't want to be Pollyanna-ish about this, but you have a great
opportunity here. Being left on your own is a harsh thing, but it's also
a great opportunity if you grab hold of it and don't let go. At one
point I went through the same type of thing, and I came out much better.
I often felt like crawling in a hole and staying there, but I had to
make it come out well (feeding the family and all). I couldn't walk
away. It was awful and I wouldn't go through it again, but I persisted,
and what I thought was just a process of surviving was actually
something that improved me as a manager type, a writer, and a person.

Sorry again for the problems, if there were any. Best of luck. Don't
give up. It's one thing to walk away, but it's quite another to give up.

Chris

--
Chris Hamilton
Technical Writer