What do you call these things??

Subject: What do you call these things??
From: Linda Michaels <linda1210 -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:33:49 PDT

Hi all,

I'm writing a software user manual, and in the software I'm documenting,
there are options in dialog boxes that allow users to enter certain
information.

For example, if users want to enter a name in the "Name" box, they have to
click a small box (within the Name box) to bring up a new window. (They
can't just type the name.) This small box is not a drop-down menu, because
there is no arrow on it, just a horizontal line. (Sort of looks like the
"minimize" button in Windows.)

Unfortunately, screen shots are not an option for this manual, so I need a
name for this button. I checked the Microsoft Manual of Style but didn't
find anything there. I look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks,

Linda

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=