Re: Reformat PDF for online info./don't replace WinHelp!

Subject: Re: Reformat PDF for online info./don't replace WinHelp!
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 14:59:47 -0400

The problem with Robohelp and Powerbuilder (and Progress) applications, isn't a
Blue Sky problem. The problem actually exists due to the Winhelp engine, which
Robohelp uses.

Powerbuilder and Progress aren't totally Windows 95 compliant, which has caused
the problem.

I remember with Progress that online help could be created and used by having
the developer insert some API commands when calling help, but I can't remember
exactly what they were. After that, we had no problems with help files. I
never did context-sensitive help though.

If you get on the Winhelp list you will find many users who has faced and
conquered this problem with Powerbuilder. My recommendation is that you look
for guidance there.

Good luck,

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree
But Please - Don't Flame Me.

On the other hand, the early bird gets eaten.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=