Re: need help with wording

Subject: Re: need help with wording
From: "Martha C. Darda" <mcdarda -at- CPU -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:17:04 -0500

Hi Kathleen,

Maybe you could do an explanation of the naming convention similar to this:

This column lists each file name using the default instance name
or SID assigned if all defaults were accepted during Oracle installation.

The file name structure is as follows
<orcl><#><type>.ora

where

<orcl> is the default name that may be configured at installation to
a site-specific appropriate prefix.

<#> is an integer based on various table configurations

<type> is the type of information contained in the file.

Hope this helps.

Martha Darda

At 02:47 PM 7/28/99 -0500, Kathleen Holscher wrote:
>I'm so flustered I can't think straight! I'm not even sure how to describe
>this to everyone. Here goes...I have an 11 page document which only applies
>when our product is used with Oracle. My audience is Windows NT network
>administrators.

...here is my description after the millionth
>rewrite:
>
>File Name - This column lists each file name using the default instance name
>or SID assigned during a default Oracle installation. The default instance
>name or SID is orcl. For example, if your instance name is prod, your file
>names will be initprod.ora, pwdprod.ora, etc.
>
>Additionally, some of the files are identifed with a number sign (#)
>placeholder in the file name. This placeholder is to identify redunant
>files and/or multiple files which may exist because of tablespace
>configurations. For example, you may have clt1orcl.ora, ctl2orcl.ora,
>data1orcl.ora, data2orcl.ora.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=