Re: raises

Subject: Re: raises
From: jane <judydh -at- TOTAL -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 11:14:53 -0400

The inflation rate might be 1.5% in the mighty US of A, <i>maybe</i>. In
Canada, it's 3% and rising. In the middle east (except S.A.) it's like, xx%
to xxx%.

Some large companies will do certian performance metrics and will allot a
wierd amount of money for raises that is NOT related to the company
performance, but to the documentation department's performance. As
Documentation is often accounted as an EXPENSE, and something you "cheap
out" on, Documentation departments get the short shrift for bonus/raise
money and offices with windows. Instead, the almighty heros of the
industry, namely high-end software and engineering and the golf crew <evil
g> get the lump of it.

Is this relevant to Tech Writing now, Esther?

Jane

BTW, sorry, I have a bee in my bonnet today. Software developer giving me
'tude.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=