Re: Usage question

Subject: Re: Usage question
From: Kathi Jan Knill <Kathi -dot- Knill -at- TEMPLATE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:53:24 -0500

Good point. I did not mean it to be such, but I see on
rereading...
How about:
A reporter who speaks only Manarin Chinese will have trouble
working for an editor who speaks only English.

Kathi Jan Knill
Senior Technical Writer
Template Software
Kathi -dot- Knill -at- Template -dot- com
"Your mind can only hold one thought at a time. Make it a
positive and constructive one." --H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
| That has kind of a nasty personal subtext, doesn't it?
|
| >From: Kathi Jan Knill <Kathi -dot- Knill -at- TEMPLATE -dot- COM>
| >To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
| >Subject: Re: Usage question
| >Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 12:07:54 -0500
| >
| >How about:
| >An English speaking editor will have no use for a Mandarin
| >Chinese speaking reporter.
| >

| >Kathi Jan Knill
| >Senior Technical Writer
| >Template Software
| >Kathi -dot- Knill -at- Template -dot- com
| >"Your mind can only hold one thought at a time. Make it a
| >positive and constructive one." --H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

| >|
| >| A reporter who speaks only Mandarin Chinese isn't going to
do a
| >lot of good
| >| for an editor who speaks only English.
| >|
| >| or
| >|
| >| A reporter who speaks only Mandarin Chinese isn't going to
do a
| >lot of good
| >| to an editor who speaks only English.
| >|
| >|
| >|
| >| Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit
http://www.msn.com
| >|
| >|

=
| >==========
| >| Send commands to listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu (e.g.,
SIGNOFF
| >http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/archives.htm
| >| Find TECHWR-L-related books at
| >http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/books.htm
| >| Send all list-related questions or problems to
| >|
| >|

| >Send commands to listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu (e.g., SIGNOFF
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/archives.htm
| >Find TECHWR-L-related books at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/books.htm
| >Send all list-related questions or problems to

| Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=