Re: What is wrong with white space?

Subject: Re: What is wrong with white space?
From: danny <djyoung -at- CTS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:36:20 -0700

Bev Lockhart <bl -at- SEATTLELAB -dot- COM> writes:
>They changed the rules in between the time I was a newspaper editor and
>became a technical editor.
>
>White space USED to be considered a good thing.
>
>Who are the doc design gurus, and how did they decide upon "the rules"?

Money! I have worked for places where the ability to save paper was at a
premium. How to put as much information on a page as efficiently as possible
the goal. Sometimes the sacrifice of white space happened. I sometimes think
in this mode too much.

I think the doc design gurus are specific to the company or industry.

danny

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=