Re: Grammatical foot in big mouth

Subject: Re: Grammatical foot in big mouth
From: DHICKEY -at- ALIS -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:45:37 -0400

Greetings!

> I consider myself officially shamed, and shall wear the dunce cap for
> the remainder of today's show. (Please tell me all of my
> apostrophes are in the right place in this missive!)

The apostrophes seem to be in order, but your dunce cap is committing all
sorts of documentation faux pas:

* the font selection is wrong (it should be arial rather than helvetica)
* the letters are too close together
* it is angling dangerously towards the passive voice
* there are not enough spaces after the period (two rather than one)
* the implied grammatical structure would be enough to make Strunk throttle
White

Please correct these oversights before resubmitting this to the list.
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
(drinking too much Coke)
John David Hickey
Montreal, Quebec, Canada eh?

dhickey -at- alis -dot- com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/
wk: 514-747-2542 ext.: 317
pg: 514-205-9209

No trees were harmed in the writing of this email.
My emails are made from elephant tusks and dolphin meat.
Don't confuse my opinion with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=