Re: Inc. usage

Subject: Re: Inc. usage
From: Elisabeth Zakes <ezakes -at- PLANVIEW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 13:58:48 -0500

On Wednesday, July 21, 1999 1:56 PM, Parker, Cassandra M.
[SMTP:CMPARKER -at- INTERMEDIA -dot- COM] wrote:
> List Members,
>
> What is the rule for putting a comma (,) before the abbreviation "Inc."
>
> I've notice that some people put the comma before it and some don't and
I'm
> curious to know if there is a rule or simply preferences.
>
> Thanks,
>

> THANKS,
> Cassandra Parker

Sometimes it depends on what the company wants. I worked for one company
that did something for TI. TI required their name to be Texas Instruments
Incorporated (spelled out, no comma). As a rule of thumb, I use a comma
unless I know of a reason why I shouldn't.

Elisabeth B. Zakes
PlanView, Inc., Austin, TX
ezakes -at- planview -dot- com
http://www.planview.com