Re: Teaching programmers to write

Subject: Re: Teaching programmers to write
From: Kathy Stanzler <KatheS -at- HEALTHCARE-AUTOMATION -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:47:23 -0400

The purpose of teaching programmers to write shouldn't be so they can write
acceptable user documentation; that's our job, and I'm not ready to give it
up. I think the purpose of teaching programmers to write should be to make
things clearer for US, which in turn makes it easier to write the
documentation. The clearer the programmers write, the less time and effort I
expend trying to translate, the less I hassle them for explanations, and the
more confident I am that what I write is clear and correct.

Kathy Stanzler
Technical Writer
kstanzler -at- healthcare-automation -dot- com
(401) 732-8980 x 216

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=