Re: Bold or not bold...that is the question

Subject: Re: Bold or not bold...that is the question
From: Peterson Karen <Peterson_Karen -at- PRC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:31:11 -0400

Dear Susana,

I agree with Wil Gaffga about another font. We use Courier in the same size
to designate file names, directory names, and UNIX commands; and we use bold
Courier to designate typed info.

The only problem we've found is that we use italic to designate
user-inserted information, and there isn't that much of a difference between
regular Courier and italic. Another option is to put user-inserted info in
these brackets <>, but we're afraid our users will type the brackets.

Therefore, if the typed info includes user-inserted stuff, we follow the
line with "where *thing* is the directory name" (I'm using asterisks to
signify italic Courier here).

Good luck,
Karen
"The only freedoms we really appreciate are those which cast others into an
equivalent state of servitude."
--Jean Paulhan, from "Happiness in Slavery," introduction to Story of

Karen Peterson
Peterson_Karen -at- prc -dot- com
610.260.2644

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=