Re: English Majors as TWs

Subject: Re: English Majors as TWs
From: Lindsey Durway <LDurway -at- PAV -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:28:41 -0500

It doesn't bother me if the academic community is doing what you claim,
defining the tech writing discipline because tech writers have let the
opportunity slip past. I have found tech writers to be so diverse in terms
of backgrounds and quality of work that I can't imagine what sort of
umbrella we could agree on. Personally, I find the diversity fascinating,
but professionally, I moan a lot. Our profession doesn't have enough really
good writers, and there's certainly not a great deal of technical expertise.
If the academic community can come up with a recipe that gives us more
really good writers having technical savvy, I say more power to them. Bring
it on. Just don't take MY job.... :-)

Lindsey Durway

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=