Re: Canadian French Translation

Subject: Re: Canadian French Translation
From: DHICKEY -at- ALIS -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:10:41 -0400

Greetings!

> As for the translation of "Sales representative", the correct
> expression is "Representant des ventes" (avec un accent aigu).

Ack... I knew I should've paid closer attention to the accents and stuff,
but I figured the list would translate them as something bizarre like =09.

As for the example, maybe it's not terribly accurate (since it's coming in
second hand from my office buddy), but hopefully it puts the point across.

France French and Quebec French is about as different as the Queen's English
and English spoken in Newfoundland. Basically the same, but each requires
some localization.
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
John David Hickey
Montreal, Quebec, Canada eh?

dhickey -at- alis -dot- com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/
wk: 514-747-2542 ext.: 317
pg: 514-205-9209

No trees were harmed in the writing of this email.
My emails are made from elephant tusks and dolphin meat.
Don't confuse my opinion with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=