Re: readme files for different operating systems

Subject: Re: readme files for different operating systems
From: C B <cnbrath -at- APLEXUS -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:34:34 -0400

Hi Kathleen,

If the instructions are not lengthy, I'd probably keep them in one readme file.
That way I wouldn't have to worry about whether the right readme file is shipped
along with the right version of the program. Also, if some parts of the
installation instructions are the same, it would be easier to maintain one
source instead of two.

Chantel

--------------------------

Kathleen Holscher wrote:

> Our software can be installed on Solaris and Windows NT. Since those two
> operating systems contain different installation programs, we have created
> two separate readme files. We are coming up on another beta release where
> this software will also be available for NetWare. The NetWare and Windows
> NT installs use the same installation program. Would you create two
> different readme files for the two operating systems or one readme for both?
> Thanks
> Kathleen
> kholscher -at- nsisw -dot- com
>
> From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==