Re: Missing Graphics File

Subject: Re: Missing Graphics File
From: RAHEL A BAILIE <rbailie -at- NEWBRIDGE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 13:27:08 -0700

I recently had this problem and got help from our technical group. Save the .fm
file as a .mif, which turns the entire file into text. You'll probably see a
section that is repeated, one with the correct graphic name, the other with the
incorrect graphic name. Open the file in something like Notepad or Word, search
for the graphic name, then delete not just that line, but the entire refererence
bit to the graphic. Be careful to figure out where the delineation is between
"reference bits" so you delete the exact lines.

Rahel Bailie
Vancouver, BC

Elizabeth Ross wrote:

> As the first technical writer at my company, I've inherited a lot of
> documents from the various people. One problem I'm running into is locating
> a missing file. When a FM file is opening, FM searches for the
> linked/referenced graphics files and displays a dialog box when it cannot
> find them. For example,
>
> Missing File
> Looking for: "::logos:blahblah.eps"
>
> The problem is that "blahblah.eps" should NOT be anywhere in this document
> and I can't find where the darn thing is hiding so I can delete it! Is there
> anything that can generate a report of what graphics are used and where? I
> searched the archives and could not find anything on this issue. All
> assistance is appreciated.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=