login to, log into, log in to

Subject: login to, log into, log in to
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <nosnivel -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 00:19:24 +0300

It's certainly not "login to", because "login" isn't a one-word
verb (or we would say "loginning", not "logging in".

So... "log into" or "log in to"? You walk into a room, you
write in to a fan club. Which does logging in resemble more
greatly? I'd go with "into".

- Mark L. Levinson - nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il - Herzlia, Israel
When in doubt, sound pessimistic. You'll appear better informed.
-- Frank Ciluffo

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=