Re: Most useful tech writing sites?

Subject: Re: Most useful tech writing sites?
From: ":--)" <elblase -at- ZAMIR -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 09:38:23 +0200

Betsy wrote:

"I would appreciate any links to what you consider are the most useful
technical writing Web sites. What do you keep on your "favorites" list? I am
compiling a library of these sites, and I would like to discover your
favorites for reference, tutorial, good examples, online documents, help
authoring, or anything else that applies to tech writing. Please reply
off-list to bpfister -at- frii -dot- com if you would rather not clutter the list.
Thank you"

This site - http://www.wordsmith.org/ - is probably very marginal to tech
writing interests, but I refer to it occasionally. It is all about words and
also has a newsletter.

There are two exceptional newsletters on MS Word which will benefit users of
this "tool". One is WordTips at http://www.VitalNews.com/WordTips/. The site
also provides several sources of help to users of Word. To receive WordTips
newsletter, send a blank message to join-wordtips -at- lists -dot- lyris -dot- net -dot- There is
also an ExcelTips newsletter available.

The other newsletter is WOW--Woody's Office Watch. I think it is actually
beyond exceptional, and has been a godsend more than once. To sign up for
Woody's newsletter, go to http://www.woodyswatch.com/wow/.

I wish I could find what I should be able to list as a third resource. It is
a British site and newsletter that I once subscribed to, addressing words
and word usage and grammar issues, too. I will forward later, if I can
locate this information. And by the way, there are (or once were) Web
resources for Bookmaster. If there is an interest, I will try to locate and
forward to you.

Inkhorn

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=