Re: indexing

Subject: Re: indexing
From: Wendy Lewis <wlewis -at- NCLOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:40:18 -0400

400 pages in Word? are you masochistic?

I once did an 300 pager in Word which I got to print once, after weeks of
coaxing,
then left the company. No one has since been able to open it at all. They
resorted
to scanning the pages and running it through an OCR program to extract the
text
for further updates.

Indexing it will add to the file size burden and give you some very big,
very real,
and very unexpected surprises. :-O

At 01:56 PM 7/15/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I have been asked to create an index in Word97 for a 400 page document. I
>have no experience indexing and I need to estimate the amount of time it
>will take me to complete the index.

Wendy Lewis

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=