non-ASCII chars in HTML

Subject: non-ASCII chars in HTML
From: John Cornellier <cornelli -at- CLAMART -dot- SRPC -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:45:41 +0200

Hi, I need to put some Greek characters (for mathematical formulas) in my
HTML. At the moment they are inserted from TeX entities. I guess I need to
use the charset attribute, but I'm a bit vague --
1) how do I know which charset to use?
2) how do I make it possible for the users to view?
Any other suggestions?
TIA, John

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=