Re: I'm gonna be an Indexer!!

Subject: Re: I'm gonna be an Indexer!!
From: "Cheryl A. Cherry" <cacherry -at- CONCENTRIC -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 19:08:37 -0400

>For someone who's never done indexing, if you could
>buy 1 book on indexing that would get me up to speed
>quickest AND that is currently in print ...
>what would it be, money is not a consideration.

_Indexing Books_ by Nancy Mulvany, University of Chicago Press, 1994 ISBN
0-226-55014-1 is very highly regarded by indexers. It is not a quick read,
however (approx. 300 pages).

The best brief introduction to indexing I've seen is the approx.
30 page chapter in _Read Me First! A Style Guide for the Computer Industry_,
Sun Technical Publications 1996 ISBN 0-13-455347-0.

Regards,
Cheryl Cherry
cacherry -at- concentric -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=