Re: Looking for a good screen cam program

Subject: Re: Looking for a good screen cam program
From: Mitchell Gibbs <gibbs -at- GNV -dot- FDT -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 14:52:44 -0400

Lotus Screencam is up to the task. I've incorporated captioned screencams
into a help file with great success. You may have to do several "takes" to
get your captions synchronized properly, but the captioning functions are
pretty easy and fairly versatile. Nor was it a big trick to call a video
from the help while hiding the screencam controls from the user -- a nice
seamless interface.

Mitchell Gibbs

At 01:48 PM 7/9/99 -0400, Bangeman, Brant wrote:
>I'm looking for a screen cam program that includes the ability of popup
>captions to appear in the video. The video will be used in addition to a
>help file to show how new features of our programs are to be used.
>
>Have you had any experience using a screen cam as a tutorial?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Brant

Mitchell Gibbs
Technical Writer