Re: The Telecommuting myth continues

Subject: Re: The Telecommuting myth continues
From: jane <judydh -at- TOTAL -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:59:49 -0400

You know, if I telecommuted, I'd put in more hours, because I could space
them over the day. I'm really big on doing what you are currently obsessing
over until you get it done. If that means a 1 PM doctor's appointment,
fine. I'd make up for time lost more swiftly working at home than in the
commute from work to the appointment and back again. As it is, I work on
site, and I make DAMN sure I don't put in overtime until it is absolutely
required of me (I have a dog, a mountain bike and beer in the fridge). And
then I reexamine how I can avoid it by becoming more efficient and still
enjoy what i do.

And like Shari said, you have to have a life. What the hell is the point of
creating software to eliminate the grunt work of the world when it's just
going to put secretaries and network managers and telephone operators out of
work, and everyone else still works 60 hour weeks rather than having the
hours, money and ease of work spread around. Spare me! I work to live, not
the other way around. I think there is something terribly wrong with the way
we work...you may call me a Luddite, but at some point something's gonna
crash, and it won't be only Windows.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=