Re: planning for help translation

Subject: Re: planning for help translation
From: Grayson Levy <graysonl -at- MERIDIAN-TT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 16:07:28 +0200

> Also, it may be good to find out how the software guys will be having their
> software translated
> (who, how, etc.). It may be good to have the same place translate both the
> software and the help...?
>
> Michael Schiesl
> Rockwell Automation Product Documentation

In my experience, it is absolutely essential to have the same
translators and project managers do the localization of the software
and the translation on online and printed documentation. This way
you are sure to have consistent translation. Also, the translators are able to
translate the UI more accurately when they have the manuals and online help
for reference.

=================================
Grayson Levy
Senior Project Manager