Re: Hyphenation

Subject: Re: Hyphenation
From: Gary Robinson <Robinson -at- COMINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:23:40 -0400

Webster's New World Dictionary of Computer Terms (5th edition, pg. 409)
doesn't hyphenate online. I believe there is a trend for new compound words
to begin as hyphenated but as they gain greater acceptance the hyphenation
is dropped. I've been seeing e-mail spelled w/o the hyphen quite often
lately.

Regards,

Gary G. Robinson
Technical Communications
COM, Incorporated - An Enprotech Company
7300 W. Huron River Drive
Dexter, MI 48130
734-426-7000 x20 734-426-7004 fax
robinson -at- cominc -dot- com <mailto:robinson -at- cominc -dot- com>
http://www.cominc.com <http://www.cominc.com>