Re: The telecommuting myth - with a twist

Subject: Re: The telecommuting myth - with a twist
From: Svi Ben-Elya <svi -dot- ben-elya -at- AKS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 07:46:15 GMT

I have been telecommuting nearly from day one at the company for which I
currently work. Actually, I telecommunicate, because I do go in to work
every day.

The people that I need input from are spread around world. This situation
offers some interesting challenges, but can work very well. I do not have
the problem of justifying hours because I am physically present at the
company. Also, I am located at the R&D facility for the products, which
allows me to take part in all stages of product development.

My situation has actually helped me to become even more central to product
development than I would in a completely local work environment. I also
receive the benefit of inhouse feedback from people actually close to our
market (my readership).

Finally, my situation may be unusual, in that I work for a company that
produces Internet products and thus more open to telecommunication.
Svi Ben-Elya
svib -at- aks -dot- com
chase -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=