Re: RANT about Dragon Naturally Speaking

Subject: Re: RANT about Dragon Naturally Speaking
From: Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- LYNX -dot- DAC -dot- NEU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 12:40:32 -0400

I don't know if this will be of any help, but I offer it to you with that
hope:

I had responses from McAfee to a problem I had with reinstalling VirusScan
software (and ultimately updating it with something I had purchased from
McAfee on the Internet and couldn't use) that led me to believe McAfee had
me in a hellish circle of unhelpful machine responses.

It was clear to me that no human had read my succession of messages until
several days later. They sent me what I needed, although their words were
still clearly generated by a machine. At least a human knew the problem and
solved it.

Keep trying; sooner or later, the squeaky wheel gets heard. If you like the
software, it's worth it to be persistent.