The telecommuting myth

Subject: The telecommuting myth
From: Ron Sering <rsering -at- EXCALIB -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 07:03:12 -0700

Well, I didn't check the archives on this subject, but since I figure there
may not be many people working on the holiday, why not put this out there so
those of us who are working can carp about it. After having worked for
several clients/employers over the last few years, I am beginning to wonder
how much telecommuting truly takes place in these wired times. I manage one
or two days working at home per month (sometimes less), but these are
granted only grudgingly, and have so many conditions attached to them that I
really have more latitude to do my work when I come in to the office. So I
have concluded that telecommuting is something that the magazines and Sunday
supplements like to write about as a Big Trend, but that it has only
miniscule acceptance in the Real World. Thoughts, anyone? If anyone is out
there besides me....

Ron Sering not Serling

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=