Re: MS Word Templates

Subject: Re: MS Word Templates
From: Sue Ahrenhold <sahrenho -at- ARBORTEXT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 15:39:23 -0400

My own personal favorite is the Woody Leonhart contigent's "Word97
Annoyances". They also do a complete "Office97 Annoyances" and I have just
seen on Amazon "Special Edition Using Microsoft Office 2000."
My first experience with their materials was "The Hacker's Guide to Word
for Windows 2.0" and I have found their stuff to be incredibly useful ever
since.

In addition, it is the only technical writing I've ever read that makes me
giggle.

At 03:24 PM 7/2/99 -0400, Gil Yaker wrote:
>Help, I'm going nuts here!
>
>I'm trying to get the standard .dot stylesheet in MS Word to be active,
>that is the style sheet that's the default that should be included whenever
>you start MS word. Somehow the styles that I use for my robohelp projects
>load up instead. I've tried to re-attach normal.dot which has a create date
>of months ago when this worked, but to no avail.
>
>Is there a separate file than the .dot that contains styles in Word?
>
>Is there a good reference for all the features of word that seem to only
>half work? Like figure numbering, styles, formatting, placing images,
>creating TOCs? Sorry, but I'm feeling quite bitter towards MS at the
>moment.
>
>Gil Yaker
>gyaker -at- csc -dot- com
>Computer Sciences Corporation